Saturday, September 1, 2012

Operation NO Mastication- My Juicing Journey

I should have KNOWN this day would come. I've had health nut after health nut, friend, family member, and stranger telling me for the LONGEST time about the WONDER and MAJESTY of juicing....or being on a raw food diet, or vegan. To be honest, I never had to worry much about my weight as a child. As a matter of fact, I was a SKINNY..skinny lil' thing... TOO skinny in my opinion... All of the boys at school liked the girls with curves...YOU know.. thick legs, and BIG OL BOOTY... I looked something like a capital P... very..VERY uh... Blessed up top, but.. CURS(ed) in the Cushion... and that was just something I learned to live with as an adolescent youth...

I wasn't too far into my teenage years when my family and I learned that I had some reproductive/girlie drama...Fibroids to be exact.. At the the time..as with now, the Drs suggested being on birth control to try to keep the fibroids from growing or further producing... Coming from the SHEEE KAH MO SHAAANDAH Apostolic background I'd come from...it still tickles me, when I think about the conversation that my mom and I had about her reservations with me being on Birth Control at such a young age....However, surgery was the other option, and that could jepordize my chances of having children naturally when I got older, so we rolled with it...

By the time I was a senior in high school, though still "skinny" I'd thickened up a little bit. And by the time I began my freshman year in college, I experienced my first MAJOR heartbreak, when my then boyfriend... WHO by they way, had gotten my name and our favorite scripture tatooed on his chest (on the rib... because he wanted to let me know that... he'd found his rib....Uh..MAYBE he was thinkin' bout the kind ya bbq) broke up with me, randomly... He later cited that I had put on some weight...and that he wasn't AS attracted to me anymore... he INSISTED (lied) and said that he hadn't cheated on me YET, but because of my size... he was afraid that he would..... I was a size 8-10 at the time....

SOOOO the years went on, GREAT things happened, TERRIBLE things happened, And just a few years ago, I looked up, and I nearly weighed 300 lbs.... I, SICKENED with myself, and determined to change the things about myself that I had control over...went on a SERIOUS health kick, worked out nearly every day, changed the way I ate...and lost 80-90lbs in a year and a half....

MORE time went on and MORE great and terrible things happened, and I FOUND almost ALL of what I'd worked SOOOO hard to lose. Also as time went on I'd become more and more dependent on prescription drugs to be a quick fix, to "CURE what AILED me"... At one time I was probably on 8-10 different medications.... I had meds for my insomnia, blood pressure, migraines, CRAMPS, anxiety...you NAME it...

Its time for me to wrap this story up- Last week, I found myself in the hospital... one of the craziest, most scary moments in my lilfe... the reason.. THREE of the 4 medicines I was taking, prescribed by my doctor... caused my body, mind, and everything in betwixt to go BONKERS... The result, after being poked, prodded, scanned, stuck, "SQUOZE", and EKG'D... was the suggestion by the holistic dr I'd recently been seeing to go on a 21 day juicing cleanse and detox... to "re-set" my body, and to begin to deal with things from a more "natural" stand point....

Though a bit skiddish of the full idea of what it was going to mean to JUICE everything I ate... I remembered how hard I worked when I was ready to get my body healthy and lose weight years ago and I decided that I had NO other choice... I felt like crap, In MY mind, I LOOKED like crap, and my body was telling me that their was a whole lot of CRAP going on, within that needed to be dealt with... And SO... I'm all in... AND I pretty much HATE...EVERYONE!!! It's WILD how all of this is going. I was warned that the first few days of the process would be the WORST.. I'd feel sick, and tired, and have head aches and wanna run people over while driving... But that didn't sound TOO terribly different from how I NORMALLY felt.....

HONEY...let me tell you!!! It is only day THREE.... and today I woke up feeling so tired, and miserable that it took EVERYTHING IN ME, to get up and go to work..... UNFORTUNATELY having been in the hospital and having FEET&LEGS too HUGE to fit any of my normal clothes and shoes...I was unable to work... and MAMA ain't got no SICK days on the job yet so... in MY case the old addage "a closed mouth don't get fed" is the TRUTH... Losing over a weeks pay is dern near devastating for me... and really for MOST of us, so Despite the fact that I had chills,and literally felt like death warmed over.... I Schleppt into work.... And i'm glad I did...

I LOVE my job, and I LOVE the music that we get to create daily, and so even though in between our 7 sets I felt like I'd been hit by a 18-wheeler.. AND the fact that one of my fellow cast members brought in a yummy smelling pastry for the group to share, that I had to pass on for my....YARD SMOOTHIE CONCOCTION.... Going to work took my mind of my lack of mastication misery.

I've been told that SOON i'll have SOOOO much energy and feel SOOO incredible.... those of you who know me well, can just about imagine my response to all that "gleeful....glibbery"... All I know is that I have things to do... Hospitilization because of possible mini strokes, or heart failure, is NOT on the list of what I've got and WANT to do... However, living IN and FOR my divine purpose IS... and SO... Here we go!!

Operation NO Mastication has begun... and I can not WAIT until it's OVER!! LOL

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you are doing this. We can press on in hopefulness together while we muster up elusive energy. ha. Your post kind of makes me thankful that my body doesn't respond well to meds up front. At least I don't have to wait for it to catch up to me later, I suppose.
    You make my heart smile... and all that gleeful glibbery :-)

    ReplyDelete